Sunday, January 20, 2013

Decision Making

Situation 1
What to have for lunch at the ISKL lunch room. 
a   Identify the decision.
  • What do I have to choose for lunch?
b   What are the choices?
  • There are Korean's corner, sandwiches, pizzas, pastas, and vegetarian food. Also, there are other choices such as: potato crackers and etc.
c   What are the consequences? What are you values? Will any one else be effected?  Will your goals be effected?
  • I've gained lots of weights since the winter break. So, I think I need to go on a healthy diet by trying to eat healthy food such as: salad or fruits. Because in this way, I could lose weight but in a good way. These days there are lots of girls get sick because of their unhealthy way to lose weight. Either way my goals will not be affected and the ones who are affected are the ones who I don't buy food from because they are not making as much money. 
d   Make and informed decision.
  • In the end, I chose beef rice with eggs and some vegetables as well as warm glass water to keep myself hydrate while eating my lunch. 
e    Reflect
  • I believe my decision was good but if I could control my hunger a little bit, I could've chosen something healthier like vegetarian food and etc.
Situation 2
To join your friends drinking at a party.
a   Identify the decision.
  • Should I go have fun with my friends without my parents' permission? Or should I listen to  my parents' decision? 
b   What are the choices?
  • To drink alcohol and get drunk or to watch other people getting drunk.
c   What are the consequences? What are you values? Will anyone else be effected? Will your goals be effected?
  • In my opinion, there are so many consequences for drinking. I could get arrested by the cops for underage drinking and also, it will affect my health or I might get addicted which it will risk my body. My goals would be affected as it causes me to slack off and hardly follow my schedule. 
d   Make and informed decision.
  • In the end, I chose not to drink and instead, I spend my free time with my family. I shall not give in to peer pressure. Also, drinking without my parent's permission is against my values because If I do it, I would feel guilty for the rest of my life. 
e    Reflect
  • It was a right decision to made by me. Consuming alcohol while you are still young is a bad decision because it would be a really big disadvantage for me. 
Situation 3
To become sexually active with your girls/ boy friend.
a   Identify the decision.
  • To do it or not to do it. 
b   What are the choices?
  • To be sexually active or not. 
c   What are the consequences? What are you values? Will any one else be effected?  Will your goals be effected?
  • If I get sexually active, I might get pregnant and it's really embarrassing for me to have a kid before I get married. Also, it's against my values and I risk getting a STD from my boyfriend. 
d   Make and informed decision.
  • I decide not to do it because it's totally a whole new different level for me and I don't want to take a risk when it comes to sex.
e   Reflect
  • My decision was THE BEST. I did not risk getting any STDs and my life is going by normally.

1 comment: